The DDOS problem & security BOF: Am i mistaken?

Dean Anderson dean at
Wed Oct 15 17:26:20 CDT 2008

>> Vixie, Conrad, Manning, Woodcock, Curran, Plzak, Ed Lewis, etc all
>> worked together at ARIN, and have had 22 ARIN employees attend NANOG,
>> including the ARIN executive secretary. ARIN is giving NANOG $50,000
>> checks, even though the Board members have undisclosed conflicts of
>> interest.  ARIN resource analysts have (and probably are now)
>> attending NANOG. The resource analysts are the guys who make
>> allocation decisions, so getting chummy with NANOG people is a
>> conflict of interest in the making. So far, I've discovered two cases
>> where ARIN has made allocations in 2 hours.
>	Didn't you get banned temporarily from this list, then banned
>for life + 5 years, your children and grandchildren also banned for
>their lives + 5 years once before for all this?

I was never temporarilly banned. I was banned in 2000 so that I couldn't
gloat that the CFAA applied to ISPs. See

Looks like someone messed up. ;-)

Av8 Internet   Prepared to pay a premium for better service?         faster, more reliable, better service
617 344 9000