The DDOS problem & security BOF: Am i mistaken?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Wed Oct 15 23:39:48 UTC 2008

> >> Vixie, Conrad, Manning, Woodcock, Curran, Plzak, Ed Lewis, etc all
> >> worked together at ARIN, and have had 22 ARIN employees attend NANOG,
> >> including the ARIN executive secretary. ARIN is giving NANOG $50,000
> >> checks, even though the Board members have undisclosed conflicts of
> >> interest.  ARIN resource analysts have (and probably are now)
> >> attending NANOG. The resource analysts are the guys who make
> >> allocation decisions, so getting chummy with NANOG people is a
> >> conflict of interest in the making. So far, I've discovered two cases
> >> where ARIN has made allocations in 2 hours.
> >>

> >	Didn't you get banned temporarily from this list, then banned
> >for life + 5 years, your children and grandchildren also banned for
> >their lives + 5 years once before for all this?
>
> I was never temporarilly banned. I was banned in 2000 so that I couldn't
> gloat that the CFAA applied to ISPs. See
> http://www.iadl.org/nanog/nanog-story.html
>
> Looks like someone messed up. ;-)

	Well, yes and no...........

	I actually was thinking of the ARIN list that you had the temporary
ban on :

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-discuss/2008-February/000897.html

	and then the permanent ban :

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-discuss/2008-June/001058.html

	as for banning from NANOG, there is a message, purportedly from
you :

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-discuss/2008-February/000890.html

contains "So Harris banned me from NANOG." . Not sure if thats the meeting,
the NANOG list, or one of the NANOG/Merit other lists. Also, in :

http://www.iadl.org/nanog/nanog-story.html

	I see "So, effective May 4 2005, Harris again banned Anderson. Although
the new "reformed" rules require a limit of 6 months, Anderson remains banned
as of April 16th, 2006. It seems permanent."

	but I think that refers to another NANOG group, dnsop.

			Tuc/TBOH