what is acceptible jitter for voip and videoconferencing?

Howard, Lee LeeHoward at hilcostreambank.com
Wed Sep 20 14:03:00 UTC 2023

I think it all goes back to the earliest MOS tests ("Hold up the number of fingers for how good the sound is") and every once in a while somebody actually does some testing to look for correlations.

Thought it's 15 years old, I like this thesis for the writer's reporting: https://scholarworks.gsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1043&context=cs_theses

In particular, this table shows the correlation, and is consistent with what I would expect.
[cid:image001.png at 01D9EBA9.A25944E0]

Lee