U.S. test of national alerts on Oct. 4 at 2:20pm EDT (1820 UTC)

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Wed Oct 4 18:55:29 UTC 2023

There are dozens of WEA alerts every day, 365x7 days a year. If you leave
a hidden burner phone turned on the other 364 days a year, it will make a
noise from something else.  Software mute buttons never mute everything.

Some groups use once a year events to get publicity for their causes
(zombies, 5G, complaints about government, whatever).  Hawaii tests their
state-wide siren system every month.  There are likely a few people who
complain they were sleeping when the sirens are tested.

People who complain about everything, will likely complain about
everything.