RFC6598 100.64/10: to bogon or not to bogon (team-cymru et all)

Rabbi Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Sun Mar 19 19:02:12 UTC 2023

Happy Sunday, NANOG!

We’ve made several updates to our sundry Bogon pages and feeds, with some variation of the following caveat. We’re always keen to add clarity and updates, so please feel free to reach out.

https://www.team-cymru.com/bogon-networks

Bogon filtering should be undertaken only if the impacts are well-understood. These are not simple filters, and can have adverse impacts if improperly applied. In particular, please consult RFC6598 regarding 100.64.0.0/10. It’s important that you know your network, and that any planned filters are rigorously tested before adoption. These filters may be more applicable to some devices, such as gear that functions as a border router, than other devices.

Be well,
Rabbi Rob.
—
Rabbi Rob Thomas                                                  Team Cymru
 "It is easy to believe in freedom of speech for those with whom we
  agree.”  - Leo McKern