A blatant podcast plug

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 16:36:59 UTC 2023

On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 3:02 PM Alexander Huynh via NANOG
<nanog at nanog.org> wrote:

> On 2023-03-05 12:34:40 -0800, Dave Taht wrote:
> >I rather enjoyed doing this podcast a few weeks ago, (and enjoy this
> >podcast a lot, generally), and it talks to what I've been up to for
> >the past year or so on fixing bufferbloat for ISPs.
> >
> >https://packetpushers.net/podcast/heavy-networking-666-improving-quality-of-experience-with-libreqos/
>
> Thank you for the link! I'll give it a listen this evening.

Pathetically, what did you think?

> >I am kind of curious as to how much XDP and EBPF now exist in the
> >nanog universe and other applications y'all are finding for it?
>
> We at Cloudflare use both XDP and eBPF extensively for our load
> balancing and DoS mitigation applications:
> https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ablog.cloudflare.com+xdp+OR+ebpf

David Tubes (of cloudflare) gave a pretty good talk at our recently
concluded "understanding latency conference.
Toke gave a pretty good talk on the state of bpf
Kathie Nichols talked about some nifty packet analysis techniques
Vodaphone opened with surprising candor about there being no demand for > 1gbit
Nokia talked about L4S
Stuart Cheshire of apple talked about their RPM metric
Had a good panel with ookla

And me, I channeled Roy Beatty from Blade Runner for all the network
problems I have seen and attempted to fix in just the past few weeks,
for a 3 minute monologue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVwmUG21OY&t=6483s

:)

I would really like to start a "back to packet captures" movement!
Have MS-clippy show up and say "Your network is being weird, would you
like me to take a packet capture?", and/or daveGPT3 chime in.

Anyway, last blatant plug on this list, if you want to feel some mild
winds of positive change, please cue up:

https://www.understandinglatency.com/recordings-2023

and pass around.

--
Come Heckle Mar 6-9 at: https://www.understandinglatency.com/