RFC6598 100.64/10: to bogon or not to bogon (team-cymru et all)

Lukas Tribus lukas at ltri.eu
Wed Mar 8 12:33:18 UTC 2023

Hello,

> It is just that, marketing.

I disagree, authoritative and accurate product description and
documentation of the tools used by the public matter a lot. If a
ticket lands on my desk because a third party misuses a tool, I want
to point to a single authoritative source of information.

>  It doesn't mean you have to follow it to the letter.

I know that, you know that. That doesn't solve my problem. What solves
my problem is accurate documentation and education.

> Why not take this up with them Team Cymru directly?

This is an operational networking issue that goes beyond the bogon
list of Team Cymru. I am now in contact with Team Cymru, to improve
the situation there, but that is just an example. My intention is to
explain the problem and educate.

Thanks,
Lukas