2023 NANOG Committee Appointments

Valerie Wittkop vwittkop at nanog.org
Wed Mar 1 16:40:07 UTC 2023

NANOG Community,

I am excited to announce that 33 NANOG members accepted appointments to a
committee. So many highly-qualified volunteers from the NANOG membership
were nominated for this year’s committee selection, and we personally thank
each NANOG member who offered their time.

As an organization, NANOG was founded by volunteers who developed a quality
forum for North America’s operator community. Despite the growth in NANOG’s
programs, volunteers greatly outnumber professional staff. The
volunteer-only committees drive many of the ideas for growth and
development in the organization and community as a whole.

Please join me in congratulating the appointed committee members:

Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee

Evan Breznyik, Kate Gerry, Stephen Hartman, Marcus Holt, T.Marc Jone, Louie
Lee, Marlin Martes, Charles Rumford, Alejandro Silvestre, Anna Valsami,
Clara Wade, Christoph Weisbrod, + Les Williams

Education Committee

Jeff Bartig, Dr. Sanjay Basu, Alex Bortok, Alex Latzko, Saju Abdul Razak
Salahudeen, + Alejandro Silvestre

Elections Committee

Leif Sawyer + Tony Tauber

Mentorship Committee

Mahish Krishnan, Alex Latzko, + Kendra Pignotti

Program Committee

Kam Agahian, Phil Bedard, Daniel Chioreanu, Kate Gerry, Mikael Holmberg,
Marcus Holt, Manish Krishnan, Nimrod Levy, Marlin Martes, Sergey Myasoedov,
Stevan E Plote, Charles Rumford, Adair Thaxton, Michael T. Voity, + Les
Williams

Scholarship Committee

Jeff Budney + Tony Tauber

We are truly excited to see what develops for NANOG over the next year
working with these volunteers.

Please also join me in thanking and recognizing the many contributions of
committee alumni who have termed out:

Education Committee

Reddy Urmindi

Elections Committee

Dan Chioreanu, Mike Starr, + Steve Ulrich

Mentorship Committee

Reddy Urmindi

Program Committee

Jeff Bartig, Tom Beecher, Bryan Jong, Alex Latzko, Steve Meuse, Alankar
Sharma, Yordan Sutanto, + Anna Valsami

Scholarship Committee

Bryan Brooks, Tom Daly, Craig MacKinder, + Alankar Sharma

Volunteer participation from these members on NANOG committees developed
new programs, brought new ideas and new methods into practice, and helped
to evolve the NANOG organization. We would not be where we are without
their time and contributions.

We look forward to continuing working together to build the Internet of
tomorrow, and hope to see you at a NANOG conference soon!

Sincerely,

Valerie Wittkop

(On behalf of the NANOG Board of Directors)

--
*Valerie Wittkop*
Program Directorvwittkop at nanog.org | +1 734-730-0225 <+15038199432>