2023 State of Network Automation Survey

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Wed Mar 1 16:12:18 UTC 2023

> Fair play, Tom. All I can say is that after 20 years of working on, in,
> and around the Internet, I'm sure as hell not going to ruin my reputation
> now.

Apologies if I implied anything like that. Wasn't my intent to do so.

> And whether we engineers like it or not, one of the best ways to measure
> trends is in the relative amount of money organizations spend on them...

I am not sure I completely agree with that assertion honestly.

Seen plenty of projects that saw dumptrucks of time/money thrown at only to
never be completed or implemented. Have also seen plenty of projects that
didn't get much investment, yet ended up yielding massive benefits in
productivity and money.

There is of course some merit there , but I would disagree that spend
itself is a good barometer.