Spectrum (legacy TWC) Infrastructure - Contact Off List

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 31 21:52:16 UTC 2023

On 1/31/23 2:33 PM, Gabriel Kuri via NANOG wrote:
> Apparently the local infrastructure crew thinks it's OK to leave cable
> running between two cans in a residential neighborhood since at least
> July 2022. But it's OK, because they've cautioned them off with orange
> cones, right ?
>
> Multiple calls to regular customer service fall on deaf ears about a
> coax trunk cable run above ground on a street and sidewalk in the middle
> of a residential neighborhood.
>
> Customer service says, "We don't know what you're talking about, we
> don't have cables running on the street". Can't seem to get a hold of
> the right people to come out and get it buried and get rid of the
> eyesore and safety hazard ...

That all sounds familiar.

I used to work with a guy who kept accidentally cutting a temporary
cable from a pedestal in his yard running to his neighbor's house every
couple of weeks for a year and a half.  Both he and the neighbor were
mad at the cable company and were trying to make the cable company fix
things.

The cable company would come fix / re-run the supposedly temporary cable
within 36 hours of it being cut.

This went on from late spring one year until mid summer the next year.

FINALLY the cable company came out and buried (yet another) new cable.

I think that it's really sad that it took that long for the cable
company to do what they said they would do in less than two weeks from
the original repair.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die