Suppliers of Optics, Cables, and Parts and Support in Argentina

nanoguser99 nanoguser99 at protonmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:02:09 UTC 2023

Nanog,

Our organization is US based.

South America is a difficult region to procure parts in but Argentina is particularly difficult.  Our current process is to ship spare gear to Argentina but we get hit very hard with import duties. I'm looking for a local supplier of Optics, Cables, and Parts (drives, RAM, etc.) locally in Argentina.

As a second initiative we are exploring putting a few systems under a support contract so we don't deal with the headache that comes with navigating importing gear there.  We would be putting a few generic supermicro servers (CPU, RAM, Motherboard, disk) and some network equipment (Cisco\Juniper) under support.

Any help from anyone who has navigated this would be appreciated.

-Nanoguser99