txt.att.net outage?

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:50:53 UTC 2023

On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 9:15 AM William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 8:09 PM Dan Walters via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org>
> wrote:
> > Know this is a longshot, any chance anyone from the txt.att.net domain
> might be able to help us with what we believe is a blacklist block or
> possibly an outage?
> > We deal with 911 cad dispatching and is affecting first responders so
> looking to see if there is a faster way to resolution.
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> As I understand it, txt.att.net is a low-volume courtesy service not
> intended for important communications. A paid service like Twilio can
> handle production-grade SMS delivery.

I think ChatGPT agrees with you:

txt.att.net is a domain owned by AT&T, a large American telecommunications
company. It is typically used to send and receive text messages, and it is
generally considered a reliable resource for this purpose. However, as with
any online service, it is possible for issues to arise, such as delays in
delivery or errors in sending messages. It is also worth noting that
txt.att.net is a free service, so it might not have the same level of
security or reliability as a paid service. If you have any specific
concerns or experience issues with txt.att.net, it's best to contact AT&T
customer service for assistance.

;-)

Warm regards,

-M<