VIDEO | N86 Recap, Get Ready for N87! + More

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Thu Jan 19 22:43:18 UTC 2023

*VIDEO | Experience NANOG 86! *
*Have you Registered for NANOG 87?*

Our next meeting, NANOG 87 in Atlanta, is just around the corner, taking
place 13 - 15 Feb.

To curb your appetite until then, watch the recap of NANOG 86 in Hollywood,
and experience what makes our mission and community special. You might see
yourself or some familiar friendly faces!  We can't wait to gather again.
Cheers to connecting at NANOG 87!

👉  Standard registration rates for NANOG 87 ends 23-Jan. Don't forget to
book your hotel room before the block expires on 26-Jan.

*WATCH NOW*
<https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/nanog-86/nanog-86-recap/>

*NANOG 87 Sponsorships are Still Available! *
*Invest in the Strength of Community*

We offer multiple opportunities for both in-person and virtual meeting
sponsorships, providing your brand with the greatest level of exposure and
engagement with the industry’s top minds.

By aligning with professionals at the forefront of networking innovation,
you’ll be recognized as an innovator, too.

*MORE INFO*
<https://www.nanog.org/events/sponsorship/sponsorship-opportunities/>

*What's Hot on the Mailing List? *
*Check out Community Trending Conversations *

One of the best features of our Community Forum is that it is a graphical
mirror of the mailing list.

Please remember that you'll need to log in or create a NANOG account to
access the Community Forum. Creating an account is quick and easy.

*Check out + join the latest trending conversations, including:*

   - Making Use of 240/4 Netblock            Replies:  338
   <https://community.nanog.org/t/202203071610-ayc-re-making-use-of-240-4-netblock/55006/2>
   - Starlink Downlink/Internet Access       Replies:  6
   <https://community.nanog.org/t/starlink-downlink-internet-access/56872/4>
   - SDN Internet Router (Sir)                    Replies:  43
   <https://community.nanog.org/t/sdn-internet-router-sir/56808>
   - Ipv4/25s and Above                             Replies:  101
   <https://community.nanog.org/t/ipv4-25s-and-above/56632>
   - Large Prefix Lists/Sets on IOS-XR      Replies:  18
   <https://community.nanog.org/t/large-prefix-lists-sets-on-ios-xr/56719>
   - Large RTT                                            Replies:  14
   <https://community.nanog.org/t/large-rtt-or-why-doesnt-my-ping-traffic-get-discarded/56771>

*LATEST TOPICS* <https://community.nanog.org/c/mailman/17/l/latest>

*NANOG Committee: Nominations are Open! *
*Nominations are Open for Six NANOG Committees*

We are looking for volunteers to serve on the Program Committee, Diversity
Equity and Inclusion Committee, Education Committee, Elections Committee,
Mentorship Committee, and Scholarship Committee.

Please consider running for a NANOG committee if you are passionate about
NANOG and can commit to participating! If you know someone that you believe
would be interested, please nominate them.

*MORE INFO*
<https://www.nanog.org/members/elections/2023-committee-nominations/>

*FEATURED on NANOG TV*
*Weekly NANOG TV Spotlighted Content*

 🎥  This week's featured NANOG TV video (2.8K views):

👉 ▶️  Bert Hubert | NANOG 83 Keynote: Who Controls the Internet? And
Should They?

'If you are not upset by the end of this presentation, you are not paying
attention."

This presentation discusses how Internet control is moving into the hands
of browser and phone vendors.

*WATCH NOW* <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K62fiw7inKE>