Lima, OH Spectrum/Charter Severe Node/Hop Latency Issues

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Wed Feb 8 00:11:57 UTC 2023

For those who haven't seen it (i.e. Austin), here is "the guide" on how to
troubleshoot correctly with traceroute:
https://archive.nanog.org/meetings/nanog47/presentations/Sunday/RAS_Traceroute_N47_Sun.pdf

ICMP is deprioritized by any normal router. Non-cascading loss does not
indicate a problem of any kind. The NOC doesn't care because nothing is
wrong, and the OSP team definitely doesn't care because ICMP is several
layers above OSP and is therefore not their problem.