Lima, OH Spectrum/Charter Severe Node/Hop Latency Issues

Austin Ayers austin at coretransit.net
Tue Feb 7 21:48:36 UTC 2023

Hello all,

One of my NetOps engineers resides in Lima, Ohio and they are receiving terrible bufferbloat, packet loss, and random disconnects.

I have been pinging 24.33.160.213 (Lima, OH Spectrum/Chart Node) and it's rejecting a ton of packets. This has been going on for weeks.

Node having problems: lag-1.limaohid01h.netops.charter.com

NOC seems like they don't care, same with OSP in the field.

There is no reason why this hop (#13) should have up to 613ms ping times.

Thank you,
Austin

[cid:d929237e-d932-4060-9dbb-f4b99b12afa4]