About emails impersonating Path Network

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Tue Feb 7 19:39:47 UTC 2023

On 2/7/23 11:33 AM, Jay Hennigan wrote:
> On 2/7/23 11:18, Michael Thomas wrote:
>
>> FWIW, lookalike domains can and do happen with http too. Nothing
>> unique about that to email.
>
> Then the bad guys throw in the occasional Cyrillic, etc. character
> that looks like a Roman one and things get even more fun.

At least with spear-phishing attacks you can bound the problem detection
investigation since you know what your own domain's legit names are.
Beyond that, I have no idea if any of the mailbox providers are doing
anything about lookalike attacks. Email at least has the advantage that
it is in hands of a user's provider who could care. CA's I'm sure
couldn't care less.

Mike