Typical last mile battery runtime (protecting against power cuts)

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Mon Feb 6 07:51:09 UTC 2023

On 2/6/23 07:42, Sabri Berisha wrote:

> There were few raindrops, so we have an outage. Again.
>
> I timed it. It took me less than 4 minutes to get it up and running.
>
> Oh, and you were right about the UPS batteries. The UPS on top of my
> garage door opener died halfway through opening the door.

You could try the 12V 7Ah Li-Ion batteries for your UPS, if you don't
want to have to think about it.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-HWE-Lithium-LiFePO4-Outdoor/dp/B095K38M6C

It comes with a BMS, so you don't have to worry about under- or
over-voltage.

> Silicon Valley, the most technological place on earth, and I can't
> even have stable power.

I think power companies don't evolve at the same rate as computers :-).

Mark.