Does anyone know of a martin broadhurst?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:54:56 UTC 2023

He was apparently based in cambridge, but his site is down.

Recently I stumbled across a series of articles by him that were
lovingly illustrative, incredibly clearly well written, and appeared
to use a C library that I don't have, covering a ton of fundamental
algorithms that I would like to have in my toolkit, still, in C,
because that is how I still think.

I first found him whilst I was looking for a binpacking algorithm(s)
and benchmarks for how well they performed on modern hardware. (I am
trying to wedge 40m queues into 16 cores every 10ms)

https://web.archive.org/web/20190530024749/http://www.martinbroadhurst.com/tag/bin-packing

And then I started reading the rest of his canon: Wow:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190704202816/http://www.martinbroadhurst.com/author/martin

Stuff like (hit the archive per above to get these)

http://www.martinbroadhurst.com/bellman-ford-algorithm-in-c.html

really clean avl example:

http://www.martinbroadhurst.com/avl-tree-in-c.html

Anyway, given that the site is down, and he hasn´t posted anything in
a year, I fear he has passed on. I did find an obituary that had about
the right timing in 2021, and he had the neckbeard... Did/does anyone
here know him?

--
This song goes out to all the folk that thought Stadia would work:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dtaht_the-mushroom-song-activity-6981366665607352320-FXtz