Typical last mile battery runtime (protecting against power cuts)

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Sat Feb 4 04:51:26 UTC 2023

On 2/3/23 19:53, Saku Ytti wrote:

> In practice I would default to expecting 0 min availability during
> power outage, regardless of how resilient my CPE is. We can scarcely
> make the Internet work at the best of times.

Agreed, this is a good place to start. It's a bit doom & gloom, but most
people underestimate just how much work it takes power companies to
generate and distribute energy. Consequently, they never have to think
about generation and/or load management, if they had to do it on their
own, meaning they will usually consider the cheapest solution possible,
which for electricity, usually ends in tears.

Mark.