Last Mile ISP Quality Measurements

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Wed Aug 9 13:01:09 UTC 2023

> measure the quality of their connections

Really depends on what you are trying to measure. Some metrics are going to
be great at telling you the quality and performance of the network at L3,
but thanks to the Stupid Content Provider Tricks that we use, won't tell
you anything about the L4/L7 experience that your customers may have.

Tons of different things you could measure, it's just putting them together
in such a way that all parties in the conversation have the same context
and understanding that can be exceptionally tricky.