Standard DC rack rail distance, front to back question

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:36:02 UTC 2023

Hey all, sorry I did mean to say ASR1001 (an X model to be exact).  The 4 post mounting they show in a hardware mounting doc uses front and back ears, which I’ve never done:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/install/guide/asr1routers/asr-1000-series-hig/asr-hig-1001.html#task_1205646
see figure 16 slightly down from there.

I do see some generic rails from TrippLite that probably would work, as well as shelves.   I was hoping a standard depth that most vendors honored for 4 post existed, but it doesn’t seem likely.  We’ll have a variety of PaloAlto, Cisco, Checkpoint, and others co-habiting.

Chuck