Cisco Nexus 3k Route Selection\Packet Forwarding Debugging

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sun Apr 16 17:02:03 UTC 2023

We did have our common upstream provider perform maintenance that then afterwards, had the traffic flowing on the right path. Later activity on our direct connection pushed it back to the common upstream. We haven't yet had the opportunity to bump our BGP session with the common upstream provider, but I suspect that will put the traffic back onto the right path. Seems like the router is just hanging onto the oldest BGP session it has, regardless of any other parameter or configuration.

This seems like a bug. We do intend on upgrading NX-OS, but that's on someone else's schedule.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange