Re: RPKI Mgmt Changes at ARIN (was: Fwd: [arin-announce] Upcoming Changes to ARIN’s Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI))

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Apr 15 18:26:12 UTC 2023

Chris -

Indeed - these are some frequently sought changes that also bring our RPKI interface closer to practices in other regions.

I will note that we do lose something in the process - currently ARIN’s RPKI system has clear non-repudiation attributes (i.e., the issuance of an ROA is assuredly done by the controlling operator [as opposed to a function of ARIN’s automation or staff]) since ARIN never possesses the necessary private key.    Changing to allow easy issuance and rollover appears to be the community’s preference, so we have undertaken the necessary development and process changes.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO