SF union square area fiber

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Apr 4 15:47:46 UTC 2023

> On Apr 4, 2023, at 5:39 PM, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
> Can someone who is familiar with the fiber assets around the union square area in SF ping me off-list?

Heh.  Somewhere, I have photos that Steve Feldman and I took while spelunking around under there trying to find fiber for the NANOG that was held there in 1997.  We found a gas-chandelier maintenance department that people had just locked up and walked away from.  Tools still spread out on workbenches, lamps half-rebuilt, everything.  It was like electrification had hit one day during lunch-hour.

                                -Bill