100G-LR1 (DR/FR)

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Apr 4 15:42:30 UTC 2023

We are willing to do 100G-LR1 if someone asks these days.  It lets us be able to roll it up into 400G optics on our side as appropriate.

The big difference in DR/FR is the receiver sensitivity, they are all compatible optically, so it’s really about the DR/FR being yield rejects for LR1.  It’s also less components in the LR1 vs 100G-LR4 since you don’t need 4 transmitters and 4 receivers and if one fails you toss the optic, so fewer components is also lower cost.

- Jared