100G-LR1 (DR/FR)

David Siegel arizonagull at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 00:14:05 UTC 2023

At this point, I'd be happy to see others happily deploy a single-lambda
optic of almost any variety!  Since deploying 400G in a clients network
(but 100G still being the preferred connection choice), any inquiry with
respect to LR1, FR1 or DR+ is met with "no thanks, LR4 please."

If asked, I'd recommend FR1.  They're available at a great price-point, and
2km reach is adequate for most applications.