ARIN RPKI services terms/conditions - Change to Management of the Trust Anchor Locator for ARIN’s RPKI Service

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Tue Sep 27 14:33:30 UTC 2022

* jcurran at arin.net (John Curran) [Tue 27 Sep 2022, 13:26 CEST]:
>Yes: the intent is that an RP validator may ship and use the ARIN TAL by default.
>If that is not clear in the revised RPA, then the RPA agreement will updated again for clarity.

I feel like you're just gaslighting us at this point.

"You have passed through terms that are at least as protective of ARIN
... via browse-wrap, clickwrap [...] for which such third party is
legally obligated to said terms."

So, no, software developers cannot ship and use the ARIN TAL by
default, which means without having to interrupt an installation
process with a question about Articles 5, 6, and 7 and Sections 8(a),
8(b), and 8(f) of the ARIN RPA.

Why can't ARIN just grant distribution and use for any purpose rights
like the other RIRs?

	-- Niels.