[External] Normal ARIN registration service fees for LRSA entrants after 31 Dec 2023 (was: Fwd: [arin-announce] Availability of the Legacy Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending as of 31 December 2023)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Sep 18 18:21:28 UTC 2022

> On Sep 16, 2022, at 08:53 , John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>
> Tom -
>
> It’s an artifact of our formation that we are presently providing services to any customers absent any agreement
> and while ARIN continues to do so (by providing basic services to legacy customers), the long-term direction is
> to provide the same services to all customers under the same agreement and fees – anything else wouldn’t be
> equitable.
>
> (This is the direction that the ARIN Board of Trustees has set based on community input; I will note that
> the ARIN Board is itself elected by the community and that we have our annual election upcoming –
> https://www.arin.net/announcements/20220906-arinslate/ <https://www.arin.net/announcements/20220906-arinslate/> )

You keep saying this, but it is still false.

The community includes legacy holders that don’t have contracts. It also includes end users that don’t have voting
rights (until their next renewal and demand of those voting rights by said end users).

The ARIN board is elected by the members… In other words, you have specifically excluded anyone with an interest
contrary to the stated position from electing the board, so of course the board is rather lopsided on this issue. Whether
that is by design or simply by nature is left as an exercise for the reader.

Owen