[External] Normal ARIN registration service fees for LRSA entrants after 31 Dec 2023

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Sep 16 18:49:49 UTC 2022

> On 16 Sep 2022, at 2:21 PM, Aaron Wendel <aaron at wholesaleinternet.net> wrote:
>
> I'm not trying to troll, this is a serious question:
>
> Is there a formal agreement that says that all legacy resources will receive free registry services forever and ever or is it just an informal "That's how it was done”?

No formal agreement, but those involved in ARIN’s formation did indicate that at transition
the existing registrations would be maintained without a need for agreement or fee.

The ARIN Board has maintained that same position over the last 25 years –
I’d expect that to continue similarly unless a strong reason emerged why that is no
longer advisable and/or the community reached consensus on different approach.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO