[External] Normal ARIN registration service fees for LRSA entrants after 31 Dec 2023

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Sep 16 17:12:17 UTC 2022

> On 16 Sep 2022, at 12:51 PM, Steve Noble <snoble at sonn.com> wrote:
>
> I appreciate your response, I remember all of the discussions around this change and the positive/negative aspects of it, but it did not correct the disenfranchisement of ASN only holders who are customer and do have to pay for services which are voted on and affected by the voting.

Steve -

You are correct – while ARIN did open up the ability to vote to all IPv4 and IPv6 resource holders (as opposed
to previously just “ISPs”), we did not go as far as to open up membership to ASN-only customers…

Note - if the reason that you are paying "significant money” to ARIN is because you have more than one ASN
(and therefore are paying $150 per-ASN annual maintenance fee), I would suggest you review if you qualify for
a /24 IPv4 block from the ARIN waiting list (and applying asap if that’s the case), as your annual ARIN payment
would drop upon receipt (i.e. you would become a 3X-Small registration services plan customer paying $250/year
in total rather than paying the per-ASN maintenance fees), and also be able to opt into general membership and
thus participating in voting if desired.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO