[External] Normal ARIN registration service fees for LRSA entrants after 31 Dec 2023

Steve Noble snoble at sonn.com
Fri Sep 16 16:51:03 UTC 2022

William Herrin wrote on 9/16/22 9:28 AM:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 9:09 AM Steve Noble <snoble at sonn.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 16, 2022, 8:55 AM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>>> It’s an artifact of our formation that we are presently providing services to any customers absent any agreement
>>> and while ARIN continues to do so (by providing basic services to legacy customers), the long-term direction is
>>> to provide the same services to all customers under the same agreement and fees – anything else wouldn’t be
>>> equitable.
>>>
>>> (This is the direction that the ARIN Board of Trustees has set based on community input; I will note that
>>> the ARIN Board is itself elected by the community and that we have our annual election upcoming –
>>
>> Unless the rules have changed, this statement is incorrect.
>>
>> The board is not elected by the community, it is elected by ARIN customers who pay for the privilege to vote.
>>
>> Even though I pay significant money to ARIN I am not allowed to vote, but as far as I know, I am a part of the community.
> Hi Steve,
>
> Actually, the rules HAVE changed. Under the new fee schedule, every
> payer except AS-only payers are eligible to vote. ARIN still has a lot
> of structural deficiencies but in this particular respect they made a
> major improvement.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Herrin

Hi Bill,

I appreciate your response, I remember all of the discussions around
this change and the positive/negative aspects of it, but it did not
correct the disenfranchisement of ASN only holders who are customer and
do have to pay for services which are voted on and affected by the voting.

--
Thank you,
Steven