[External] Normal ARIN registration service fees for LRSA entrants after 31 Dec 2023

Steve Noble snoble at sonn.com
Fri Sep 16 16:48:04 UTC 2022

John Curran wrote on 9/16/22 9:30 AM:

>> On 16 Sep 2022, at 12:26 PM, Steve Noble <snoble at sonn.com
>> <mailto:snoble at sonn.com>> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 16, 2022, 9:23 AM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net
>> <mailto:jcurran at arin.net>> wrote:
>>

>>     Steve -
>>
>>     If you have IPv4 or IPv6 resources under an RSA/LRSA, then you
>>     are an ARIN service member.
>>
>>     ARIN service members in good standing can (via ARIN online or by
>>     contacting the RSD helpdesk) opt
>>     to become ARIN general members and participate in ARIN governance
>>     – this includes agreeing to be
>>     included on the ARIN member list, assigning a voting contact for
>>     your organization, and participating in
>>     ARIN elections.
>>

>> Hi John,
>>
>> My point was that you said community, not general members.  I
>> understand that I am blocked from voting because I don't pay enough.
>
> There is no additional fee involved in becoming an ARIN general member
> - it’s available
> to all service members in good standing upon request (“good standing”
> meaning current
> with ARIN on their invoiced fees.)
>
> For more information see here –
> https://www.arin.net/announcements/20211229/

Hi John,

In my reading of that announcement that there is an additional fee. I do
not have any IPv4 or IPv6 resources so I would need to acquire them and
pay for them to be allowed to vote on things that directly affect me.  I
am not sure how this is different than before.  I am still
disenfranchised as a ASN only customer.

"Presently be an ARIN Service Member in good standing with IPv4 and/or
IPv6 number resources receiving services under a valid ARIN registration
services agreement."

--
Thank you,
Steven