[External] Re: Normal ARIN registration service fees for LRSA entrants after 31 Dec 2023 (was: Fwd: [arin-announce] Availability of the Legacy Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending as of 31 December 2023)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Sep 16 02:56:32 UTC 2022

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 7:46 PM Rubens Kuhl <rubensk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Legacy holders are sitting on millions or billions worth of assets.
> RADB USD 595 a year is pennies in comparison, and USD 1k or 2k a year
> for the RPKI service would still be 1E-10 of the asset value.

Hi Rubens,

Well, I'm one of the people who'd publish RPKI records for my /23 if I
had the ability to do so and I definitely would NOT pay merit $595/yr
(let alone $1k or $2k) to gain that ability. YMMV but I'm willing to
bet there's not enough money out there to fund it with direct user
fees and even if there was, the level of participation in the presence
of more than trivial user fees would be too low to be worth the
effort.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--