Normal ARIN registration service fees for LRSA entrants after 31 Dec 2023 (was: Fwd: [arin-announce] Availability of the Legacy Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending as of 31 December 2023)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Sep 15 21:01:57 UTC 2022

On 15 Sep 2022, at 4:45 PM, Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 20:34:43 +0000
> John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>
>> In any case, legacy resource holders who don’t care for these
>> advanced services (whose development and maintenance is paid for by
>> the ARIN community) can simply continue to maintain their legacy
>> resources in the ARIN registry.  They do not have to do anything, as
>> ARIN is continuing to provide basic registration services to the
>> thousands of non-contracted legacy resource holders (including online
>> updates to your resources, reverse DNS services, etc.) without fee or
>> contract.
>
> Not been my experience.

Gary -

We do have some cases where folks have difficulty demonstrating that the resources were issued to
them (and/or have disputes between parties over who is the actual rights holder), but otherwise you
should be able to create an ARIN Online account and administer ARIN services for the address block
without any agreement - see  https://www.arin.net/resources/guide/legacy/services/ <https://www.arin.net/resources/guide/legacy/services/> for details.   The
intent is that legacy resource holders receive the same registry services (w/o fee or contract) as they
did before ARIN’s inception.

If you’ve got a situation where you believe that has not been the case, reach out to our Registration
Services Helpdesk <https://www.arin.net/resources/guide/helpdesk/ <https://www.arin.net/resources/guide/helpdesk/>>, and if that fails, reach out to
me and provide a reference to the appropriate ARIN ticket(s) so that I can review.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO