Contact info for Level 3 CDN GeoIP

Christopher Munz-Michielin christopher at ve7alb.ca
Wed Sep 14 22:34:25 UTC 2022

Hey All,

For my dayjob I help run an Anycast DNS network and we've recently had
complaints from our users in the APAC region that sites using Level 3's
CDN have poor performance.  Upon looking into this, it seems that they
(Level 3) have incorrect geolocation data for some of our Singapore
servers and are returning IPs for CDN servers in Australia.  I've
validated the WHOIS information for the blocks in question is correct,
and every GeoIP site I check against comes back as Singapore, so this
must be some internal database.

I've tried emailing the whois contact, as well as the technical contact
for the domain footprint.net but have yet to receive a response.  Wonder
if anyone else has been able to get in touch with the CDN people at Level 3?

Cheers!
Chris