any dangers of filtering every /24 on full internet table to preserve FIB space ?

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Sat Oct 15 21:39:12 UTC 2022

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 11:51:13AM -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
[snip]
> And just for the record, despite having been bitten by it more than
> once, I'm very much in the camp of "if you advertise a covering
> aggregate, you're offering to get packets there, regardless of whether or
> not more specifics exist."  You have no business demanding what routes
> someone else's network receives/accepts.  All you can reasonably control
> is what you advertise and what you accept.

This. People will come up with all sorts of creative
topologies, and as long as they are *internal* that's
A-OK. The distance outside of one's AS one can expect
"interesting" TE to travel is equivalent to the reach
of your $s and/or contracts.

Cheers,

Joe

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling