FCC chairwoman: Fines alone aren't enough (Robocalls)

sronan at ronan-online.com sronan at ronan-online.com
Wed Oct 5 00:36:37 UTC 2022

The FCC hasn’t enforced it because the burden on large carriers to collect that data would be insane. And it would be reduce the flexibility of large carriers to take on new traffic in disaster situations, which is one of the strongest points of the PSTN. It’s not like the carriers have the data and aren’t using it, they simply don’t have the data.