FCC chairwoman: Fines alone aren't enough (Robocalls)

Shane Ronan shane at ronan-online.com
Tue Oct 4 02:54:07 UTC 2022

The issue isn't which 'prefixes' I accept from my customers, but which
'prefixes' I accept from the people I peer with, because it's entirely
dynamic and without a doing a database dip on EVERY call, I have to assume
that my peer or my peers customer or my peers peer is doing the right thing.

I can't simply block traffic from a peer carrier, it's not allowed, so
there has to be some mechanism to mark that a prefix should be allowed,
which is what Shaken/Stir does.

Shane