Newbie Concern: (BGP) AS-Path Oscillation

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Nov 28 18:13:14 UTC 2022

[ i would have written privately except the damned dmark crap obscured
  your email address.  grrrrr. ]

> On one of our prefixes, we are detecting continuous “BGP AS-Path
> Changes” in the order of 1,000 announcements per hour---practically
> one every 3-4 seconds.

where is this being 'detected?'  i.e. from what vantage point?

is it safe to assume that your outbound announcements to your two
upstreams are stable?

of course, if you would care to divulge a prefix showing this symptom,
folk might be able to find clues.

randy

---
randy at psg.com
`gpg --locate-external-keys --auto-key-locate wkd randy at psg.com`
signatures are back, thanks to dmarc header butchery