Alternative Re: ipv4/25s and above Re: 202211231506.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Wed Nov 23 20:25:33 UTC 2022

Dear Eric:

0) Your analysis may have started from an assumption that is different
from that of the EzIP. That is,

1)  The EzIP proposes to use the 240/4 as a replacement of the 100.64/10
of RFC6598 for enhancing the CG-NAT. Thus, 240/4 will be used as
reusable netblocks like those in RFC1918. There will be nothing for
corporate to grab.

2)  In addition, it is implicitly stated that the addresses in 240/4
will be assigned within a geographical Region, much like telephone
numbers that are administrated by governments of respective
jurisdictions as natural resources, not by global businesses as private
properties.

3)  This may sound like against the "Internet way", but likely can
eliminate the negative consequences of the current IP address allocation
/ assignment practices.

Regards,

Abe (2022-11-23 15:25 EST)