Alternative Re: ipv4/25s and above Re: 202211201009.AYC

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Tue Nov 22 19:13:13 UTC 2022

> Serious consideration requires a serious proposal - I don’t think we’ve
> seen one yet.

I would posit that draft-schoen-intarea-unicast-240-03 (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schoen-intarea-unicast-240/ ) should
be considered a serious proposal, in so much as what is proposing is the
most direct:

- Redesignate 240/4 from RESERVED - Future Use to be available for
allocation as 'standard' IPv4 addresses.

I personally disagree with their position, as does the IETF, so it doesn't
appear there will be any more movement on it, but I do believe that the
idea itself was serious.

Of course, I also agree with you that there have been plenty of un-serious
proposals floated too which don't really require discussion. :)