Alternative Re: ipv4/25s and above Re: 202211201009.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Mon Nov 21 17:54:31 UTC 2022

Dear Tom:

0) Thanks for your advice.

1) What I wrote was just informal online chatting. I was not attempting
to make a water-tight legal statement. The fact is, we have identified
at least one concise case of how this task could be done easily, as
reported in Appendix D of the EzIP IETF Draft. Although no references
have been published, I believe that colleagues on the IPv4 Unicast
Extensions Project have seen similar situations.  Even without the
latter, a "there exists one reference" should be sufficient to encourage
other software engineers to review their own work. They should question
the quality of their own programs if they are more complex, instead of
ridiculing the concise example on the table.

Regards,

Abe (2022-11-21 12:54 EST)