Alternative Re: ipv4/25s and above Re: 202211201503.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Sun Nov 20 22:00:45 UTC 2022

Dear Rubens:

0) Very good question. It is right to the point!

1) Initially, we thought that we were doing conventional protocol
development engineering that was triggered by our curiosity about why
IPv4 address pool was depleted. So, IETF Draft was the natural place to
report what we were doing.

2)  As time went on, it became evident that our scheme was rather
unorthodox. That is, it was surprisingly simpler than any other known
techniques. As well, the benefits were more and better than we could
have dreamed for. At the same time, developed countries such as US where
I was in, were not in any material need for IPv4 addresses, yet
promoting IPv6. Not being able to sort out this contradiction, it was
necessary to keep a continuous public record as IETF Draft revisions of
EzIP evolution as we continued to refine our scheme which had turned
into a concise system engineering solution, or almost appeared to be a
marketing trick.

3)  In a sense, we have been purposely publishing our work on the web
(beyond IETF Draft) to invite critiques. So far, we have not received
any explicit feedback pointing to its flaws, while there have been more
than a couple subtle confirmations from rather senior Internet experts.
I am sure that you would understand that we can not disclose the latter
on our own. Nevertheless, they do enforce our confidence in the EzIP plan.

4)  In anticipation of your next question, I would like to add the
following. To be sure that our discovery is protected from being claimed
by others and then its fair use discouraged, the essence of the EzIP
concept was submitted to US Patent Office and has been granted with US
Pat. No. 11,159,425. This assures that EzIP may be openly discussed to
reach as much general public as possible.

Hope the above background recap is sufficient to clear your concerns. I
look forward to our additional exchanges.

Regards,

Abe (2022-11-20 17:00 EST)