Alternative Re: ipv4/25s and above

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Sat Nov 19 03:50:56 UTC 2022

Dear Owen:

1) "... Africa ... They don’t really have a lot of alternatives. ...":
Actually, there is, simple and in plain sight. Please have a look at the
below IETF Draft:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-ati-adaptive-ipv4-address-space

2)  If this looks a bit too technical due to the nature of such a
document, there is a distilled version that provides a bird-eye's view
of the solution:

https://www.avinta.com/phoenix-1/home/RevampTheInternet.pdf

3)  All of the above can start from making use of the 240/4 netblock as
a reusable (by region / country) unicast IP address resources that could
be accomplished by as simple as commenting out one line of the existing
network router program code. I will be glad to go into the specifics if
you can bring their attention to this almost mystic topic.

Regards,

Abe (2022-11-19 22:50 EST)