Jon Postel Re: 202210301538.AYC

Fred Baker fredbaker.ietf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:34:17 UTC 2022

Sent using a machine that autocorrects in interesting ways...

> On Nov 2, 2022, at 5:50 PM, Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In the early years of the
> NomCom, I believe there were a small number of cases of a 3 year term
> but only for an AD who had already successfully served for 2 years.

There were two such cases - Jeff Schiller and myself. The situation was that in 1997 (IIRC) we had  four areas with a single AD, and the IESG told the nomcom that the imbalance was strange. At its option, the nomcom could extend the term of a sitting AD that wasn’t up for renewal/replacement by one year to even things out. They did. In 2001, I resigned, and I think Jeff resigned in 1999.