Understanding impact of RPKI and ROA on existing advertisements

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Nov 2 15:30:16 UTC 2022

Tue, Nov 01, 2022 at 06:24:50PM -0700, Owen DeLong via NANOG:
> RPKI/ROA is a way to cryptographically prove what someone needs to prepend if they want to hijack your addresses.

Operators should not be deterred by that comment.  Owen seems to be ignoring
what it does achieve and that this is part of a larger system that is still
emerging.  See IETF sidrops wg.  In the interim, do your part to improve
DFZ hygiene.