FCC proposes higher speed goals (100/20 Mbps) for USF providers

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon May 30 20:51:21 UTC 2022

It appears that Owen DeLong via NANOG <owen at delong.com> said:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>Forgive me if I have little or no sympathy for them.

The laws of physics make it rather difficult to provide symmetrical speeds on
shared media like coax or cellular radio.  As wired networks move to all fiber
they'll get more symmetrical but in the meantime I expect that Comcast, Spectrum,
Cox, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are deeply troubled by your disapproval.

R's,
John