FCC proposes higher speed goals (100/20 Mbps) for USF providers

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Thu May 26 13:31:50 UTC 2022

> Latency is a limitation for things that are generally relatively low bandwidth (interactive audio, zoom, etc.).
> Higher bandwidth won’t solve the latency problem

+1
IMO as we enter the 'post-gigabit era', an extra 1 Gbps to the home will matter less than 100 ms or 500 ms lower working latency (optimally sub-50 ms, if not sub-25 ms). The past is exclusively speed-focused -- the future will be speed + working latency + reliability/resiliency + consistency of QoE + security/protection + WiFi LAN quality.

Jason