FYI - 2FA to be come mandatory for ARIN Online? (was: Fwd: [arin-announce] Consultation on Requiring Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for ARIN Online Accounts

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Tue May 24 20:29:10 UTC 2022

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 3:21 PM Laura Smith via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org>
wrote:

> Its 2022. Do we really still need a consultation on why mandatory 2FA is a
> good thing ? Even more so for something like ARIN ?

While it's probably obvious to most of us that mandatory 2fa is a good
thing, I think it should be likewise clear that community consultation is
also a very good thing as a general practice for changes such as this. A
good example is that several folks in the context of this discussion on the
ARIN-CONSULT list have voiced concerns related to SMS as the secondary
method, and others of us have discussed options which may be superior for a
variety of reasons.

- mdh

Matt Harris|VP of Infrastructure
816-256-5446|Direct
Looking for help?
Helpdesk|Email Support
We build customized end-to-end technology solutions powered by NetFire Cloud.