Any sign of supply chain returning to normal?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri May 20 08:24:09 UTC 2022

On Fri, 20 May 2022 at 11:21, Mark Tinka <mark at tinka.africa> wrote:

> I can't fathom why a box like that has already been EoL'ed. It isn't long in the tooth, and still has plenty of bite in it. But, we also need to use common sense, and for us, swapping it out just to maintain "support" isn't worth the cash. There are options for cold sparing...

That's engineering, understanding what risks and compromises are worth
carrying. If you do it by the book, you're not even needed, just
0-rate AS/PS services to your RFP and the vendor is happy to do it by
the book for you.
And fully agreed, in many cases it makes sense to run boxes to the
ground until they physically stop working. You just need to figure out
how to handle the MTTR well.

--
  ++ytti